A couple of days ago I was awarded this wonderful award by Tartetartan and I have to admit that I am still thinking of which 7 other blogs to nominate....(a condition of accepting this rather nice award). I'm really rather rubbish at all of this so whilst I think on I would like to make this award to:
1. Test Match Special Team because it is very English and Henry Blofeld "Blowers" is so, so, very PG Wodehouse. So here you are "you dear old thing".
2. Northumberland/Cumbria because every time I look at their lushious, verdant sceneries they are show stoppingly brilliant (even in the rain).
3. The blogging world in general because I love to rake through other people's lives, experiences, off white washing and so very nearly clean jokes.
4. The English Language because I am absolutely 100% fascinated by it.
5. Britain because it ain't the full penny without the other bits.
6. The British Sense of Humour because I wouldn't be able to get through the day without it.
7. The creator of "Wallace and Gromit", Nick Park, because that man is a genius. "Cracking good, Gromit!"
8. The British "clubs" of this world...without whom I would never have met...(ahem)...the other half.
9. The "Spanish Inquisition" scene in Monty Python......"Surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our three weapons are fear, and surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our four...no... " (Did I say 7 points? I meant...err 8 points, or was it 9 points...no...darn it! I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition! (Ed: didn't realise that the scene was set in Jarrow. It was where Hadriana was born. Eh! Lass..."Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise!.......")