Wednesday, 1 April 2009
Waving but not blogging (not just yet)!
I have about two minutes to write this before pick up time at school. The move went well but am still living medieval-like with no internet connection. I have one ordered and ready to go but I have still to find the time to fix it up and get it running.
Thank you (yet again) for all your encouraging comments. When I run in and out of this house (the B&B) to get the odd thing or say hello to hubbie. I scan my eye over the e-mail box and enjoy all your comments: one-liners or the like.
1. The move went well.
2. Applied for a voluntary guiding job at Vindolanda but sadly did not get it...I was all of a tither and it came straight after the funeral so I suppose I was ill prepared. Nevertheless I may still get to do some of it. More of which later!
3. Little boy fell off trolley in good old Sainsburys and bashed his head. Rushed him straight over to Carlisle hospital but was fine poor thing. I wept (in aforementioned Sainsburys) and felt like v. bad mother!
4. The headmistress at local school is still keen to do Minimus. Hurray!
5. Am helping out with Italian conversational classes as local town has twinned with Italian town. Will try to do more here if I can.
6. Went to London last week to see Grandpa South and he is much better. He enjoyed seeing the children.
7. Have found teabags, FF, and have sort of located computer, The Dotterel, now all I have to do is get the blasted things to work.
8. Fridge freezer conked out and has been replaced.
9. Car nearly conked out but was mended in a jiffy.
10. Er. Um. That's all for now. Will try to blog sooner rather than later. Toodle pip!
11. BTW B&B going very well. Lots of bookings and the inspector called, stayed, and gave us our three star rating yet again. (For our first booking we made it...cleaning and sorting...with minutes to spare. I left with children just as first car pulled up.)
12. The photo (circa 1955) overlooks The Burn...which is where I am living now with kiddies. Believe you me...it feels a bit like 1955 living with no internet connection. Still...we do have central heating and TV so cannot complain too much.......
Must definitely go now.